Image by City of North Charleston
24 are running for the 10 North Charleston County Council seats up for election on November 8 — and here's your connection to all you need to know.
The city has completed a redrawing of lines and all 10 seats are up for election, also 16-year incumbent Mayor Keith Summey will face off against Charleston County School Board Member Chris Collins.
(If you're not sure what district you're in now, you can use this map.)
Here's an overview of each race by The Post and Courier:
- District 1: Ed Astle (inc), Gregory Deese
- District 2: Incumbent Rhonda Jerome is unopposed
- District 3: Bobby Jameson (inc), Russell Coletti
- District 4 (new): Ron Brinson, Brian Hill, Vernon Pryor
- District 5: Steve Ayer (inc), B. Todd Olds, Zachary Closser
- District 6: Michael Dockery, Dorothy Williams (inc)
- District 7: Incumbent Sam Hart is unopposed.
- District 8: Bob King (inc), Joe Collins, Kay Hyman, Russ Patterson
- District 9 (new): Kenny Skipper, Dwight Stigler
- District 10: Michael A. Brown (inc), James Johnson
If you're having trouble making up your mind, The Post and Courier has suggestions.