Image by Charleston Battery
The Charleston Battery’s 2011 USL Pro schedule has been set with the Battery playing a 24 game regular season April 9th through August 12th.
Charleston’s home opener is versus the Charlotte Eagles on Saturday, April 9. The 2011 campaign will see the Battery renew its rivalry with the Rochester Rhinos and the Wilmington Hammerheads (NC) as USL Pro begins a new era of professional soccer with a 15 team, three division format.
Here's the schedule for the upcoming season:
- Saturday, April 9 - Charlotte Eagles 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 30 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds 7:30 PM
- Friday, May 13 - FC New York 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 24 - Richmond Kickers 7:30 PM
- Saturday, May 28 - Harrisburg City Islanders 7:30 PM
- Friday, June 17 - Dayton Dutch Lions 7:30 PM
- Saturday, June 25 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds 7:30 PM
- Friday, July 1 - Puerto Rico United 7:30 PM
- Saturday, July 9 - Orlando City 7:30 PM
- Thursday, July 14 - Wilmington Hammerheads 7:30 PM
- Saturday, July 30 - Rochester Rhinos 7:30 PM
- Friday, August 12 - Charlotte Eagles 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 16 - Dayton Dutch Lions 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 23 - Richmond Kickers 6:30 PM
- Friday, April 29 - Charlotte Eagles 7:00 PM
- Friday, May 6 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 7 - Rochester Rhinos 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 21 - Wilmington Hammerheads 7:30 PM
- Friday, June 3 - FC New York 7:30 PM
- Saturday, June 4 - Harrisburg City Islanders 7:00 PM
- Thursday, June 9 - Sevilla FC Puerto Rico
- Saturday, June 11 - Puerto Rico United 8:30 PM
- Saturday, July 23 - Dayton Dutch Lions 7:30 PM
- Saturday, August 6 - Orlando City 7:35 PM
The Battery will once again begin its preparations for the season by hosting the Carolina Challenge Cup featuring Major League Soccer's D.C. United, Chicago Fire and Toronto F.C. March 5 - 12 at Blackbaud Stadium. In addition to the CCC and the USL Pro regular season the Battery will also enter the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
For more Charleston Battery news, check out the team's official website.